Tuesday 23 December 2014

Five things I found on the Internet today!


I found myself having a surf around the Internet earlier today. It isn't something I often have time to do, but having managed to record all my shows for the Christmas & New Year period, I was at a loose end. During my trawl, I found some things I'd like to share with you that I think are good reading. All of course are music related.



Lawrence Horn was a Motown engineer involved in some of their biggest hits. Here's the story how he went from top to bottom.
source: Uproxx


Novelty Hits. We love them (for about five minutes). Then we hate them (for ever). But what do the people who made such classics as Kung Fu Fighting and the Crazy Frog think of them now?
source: The Guardian


The Elvis Presley Cover up: What America didn't hear about the death of the king.
source: Salon


Ballad of the thirteen year old bride. Myra Lewis Williams -  known as the young wife of Jerry Lee Lewis—speaks candidly about their notorious rock & roll romance.
source: Cuepoint


Barry Gibb - The last brother: Barry Gibb Looks back on the Monster hits, the long simmering feuds and the tragedy of life as a Bee Gee.
source: Rolling Stone







No comments:

Post a Comment